In 2022, we are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of up to 500,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below.
- Drug discovery - 3 grants comprising up to 500,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
- AI for predictive diagnostics & therapeutic target discovery - grant comprising between 100,000 - 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Chemistry in the cloud – Rapid synthesis through automation - 1 grant comprising 100,000 €/year for 3 years
- Innovation within green chemistry - 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year with potential further collaboration
- Sustainability in healthcare R&D - 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year
If you are interested in this call, you can check the website through this link.
The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company.
The third stage of the Research Grants process is the Research Grant funding phase. To enable pay-out and project start, Merck enters into bilateral collaboration agreements with the winning recipients. Our collaborative Research Grants are a unique opportunity for researchers who are interested in working with Merck‘s scientists and receive guidance from industry. During the Research Grant funging period, there will therefore be regular meetings with Merck scientists.