Call for projects that address the COVID-19 emergency open until 15 April
CaixaImpulse Express Call for Projects Focused on COVID-19, LCBF aims to increase the capacity of Projects to successfully advance the development of the Asset with the ultimate aim of providing innovative solutions for the COVID-19 and other future pandemic crisis through:
- Facilitating technologies and solutions with very high potential to respond to societal needs.
- Ensuring that researchers leading ground-breaking Projects can successfully achieve their entrepreneurial goals.
- Strengthening innovation that is society-oriented in the Iberian biomedical research ecosystem.
- Triggering a cultural change in the research ecosystem that fosters license agreements with existing companies and the creation of new health-based companies
The Beneficiary is the entity that generated the Assets and/or will develop the Project and whose main activity must be located and registered in Spain or Portugal. The Beneficiary will be responsible for submitting the application form.
Beneficiaries must be public or non-profit organisations: including universities and university foundations, research centres, technological centres, hospitals, and hospital foundations.
The proposals must include targeted clinical and translational projects to prevent, treat, monitor, manage or diagnose COVID-19 disease.
The Call is aimed at clinical and translational Projects that have already performed preliminary validation activities or have background evidence for the research underlying the Assets.
Projects must seek a clear social impact and answer a need linked to the current pandemic crisis generated by COVID-19.
Applications must be completed in English.
To accelerate the proposal evaluation process, the application process will entail two steps: the initial submission of a Letter of Intent, and the subsequent submission of a Full Proposal. Only pre-selected Projects will be invited to submit a Full Proposal.
The following information and documentation will be requested:
- General information and Project description
- Team and Scientific and technical feasibility
- Transferability and potential to reach target beneficiaries
- Social relevance and potential impact on the COVID-19 and future pandemic crisis.
- Letter from the Beneficiary informing about the link with the Project Leader and its commitment with regards to the Project