Inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases
A cross-sectional and multidisciplinary group focused on clinical and translational research of inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases, including autoinflammatory and autoimmune diseases. It promotes its own studies and participates in both national and international multicentre projects, with an observational and interventional design. It has been a promoter of both funded and independent clinical trials.
Lines of research:
- Characterisation of patients with systemic or autoinflammatory autoimmune diseases as well as those induced by Covid 19 treated at the Systemic Autoimmune Diseases Unit of the HUN (UEAS-HUN).
- Efficacy studies with corticosteroids and IL-1 inhibitors in Covid 19 pneumonia.
- Promotion and collaboration with clinical trials related to systemic or autoinflammatory autoimmune diseases as well as those induced by Covid 19.
- Clinical and prognostic characterisation of autoimmune diseases in pregnancy and puerperium.
- Characterisation of patients with uveitis, scleritis, episcleritis and ocular inflammatory pathology treated at (UEAS-HUN).
- Identification of risk markers of immune-mediated toxicity in cancer patients treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
COVID-19-induced autoimmune disorders
- Characterisation of patients with long COVID and systemic autoimmune disorders induced by COVID-19 and research on autoinflammatory therapies.
- Long COVID
C/ Irunlarrea 3
Navarrabiomed-Centro de Investigación Biomédica
Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra
31008 Pamplona, Navarra. España