The aim of the Joint Call is to initiate sustainable and multilateral research cooperation between researchers from Europe, Latin-America and the Caribbean countries. Transnational consortia are invited to submit proposals related to six topics in the thematic fields of Global Challenges, Health, Biodiversity, and Energy (see call topics below). One of the specificities is the inclusion of four topics based on sharing large Research Infrastructures. Projects will be funded for up to 36 months.
There are two topics in the thematic of Health:
- Health I - Personalised Medicine. Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CNPq, CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Panama, Poland, Spain (AEI and ISCIII), Turkey.
- Health II - EU-LAC Regional Hubs: Integrating research infrastructures for Health and Disease. Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Spain (AEI), Turkey, Uruguay.
The EU-LAC Interest Group invites all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate to a Spanish info-session on the 4th EU-LAC Joint Call in STI:
- Date: 14 /03/ 2022, 4 pm – 5 pm CET
- Link to access the info session
- Meeting number (access code): 2744 570 4816
- Meeting password: EULAC
They can represent public and private scientific, research, technological and innovation institutions on national, federal or EU-LAC regional level, research active industry and NGOs and other institutions involved in research activities, as long as they are eligible for funding according to the respective national and/or institutional regulations.
Proposals must be submitted by transnational consortia. Only researchers based in the countries /regions listed in page 5 of this link.
Proposals must be submitted online in English following the Guide for Applicants.
The application consists of two parts, the Project Description Template form and the online submission form accessible at https://ptoutline.eu/app/eu-lac-2022.
Link to the partner search tool: ENRICH in LAC Matchmaking platform.